Olivetti M15 and friends

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Sat Mar 28 14:34:40 1998

I found a couple of cool cheap toys today: a 1977 SSM (Solid State Music)
S-100 video card and an Olivetti M15 laptop ($5 each). The M15 works
great and has a prototype sticker on it (S/N 00075) - I know this model
made it into production, but I can't find much info on it. Does anybody
have a production date and numbers for it? Circa 1985 is my guess.

I left behind a funky Kurtzweil 8-bit PC Card. I remember Kurtzweil as
being very innovative in both electronic music and voice recognition, and
I assume this card was for voice recognition. It had their own custom
processor on the card (I've already forgotten the name) and it was made
after the acquisition by Xerox. Should I go back and pay the $10 for it?

-- Doug