Old Data

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue Mar 31 08:22:43 1998

<> I'm curious to know how people deal with old data found on systems
<> they rescue/restore. The question was put in my mind recently by
<> my acquisition of a MicroVAX 3800, with three intact disks overflowing
<> with data that had apparently never been erased.

This is something I've dealt with many times.

Generally I try to preserve any software and delete data. Right now to
give an idea, I aquired over 60 boxes of 8" disks with both. I will not
go into the several hundred 5" disks and handful hard disks.

I treat it as simply this, if I read it and it's not software I forget it.
I have other things to do mostly.

Allison