Xenix and Intel 5.25" disks

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Tue Mar 31 17:29:44 1998

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Barry Peterson wrote:

> I have had some disks for a long time and would like to give them to
> someone who has a need, a use, or even a clue as to what they are.
>
> Three have hand-written labels
>
> 1: XYLOGICS 450
> XENIX DRIVER
> 503-450-405
> tar cvbf 20 /dev/rdvfo
> DCM 7/86

These look like tar backups, perhaps of drivers for a disk controller.
You should be able to read them using a program called tar, which is a
standard unix utility, but you can find PC versions too.

> The other disks are original (not too fancy) Intel disks:
>
> 4: SYP 286/300 DIAGNOSTICS 19 MB, #1A
> DS/DD IRMX 86 FORMAT, 48TPI
> PART NO. 174133-001
> (c) 1982, 1983 INTEL CORP.

These look like they're diagnostic disks for a proprietary Intel 286 box.
iRMX was the name of Intel's real-time kernel, which they sold off to
RadiSys a couple of years ago.

-- Doug