e-bay item

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_ncal.verio.com>
Date: Mon Mar 1 16:21:31 1999

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Marvin wrote:

> > That's what Doug is talking about. Its a double egded sword really.
>
> And the other side of that sword is that without awareness, stuff gets
> thrown away. Someone would have to have their intelligence turned off at the
> moment to think that the pricing that some items have received on ebay has
> not encouraged other similar stuff to be posted for sale.

I guess were just hopeless romantics then. I want to see the stuff become
available to those who would appreciate it, and not just come up for sale
because "Hey, I can make a $1000 on this old computer". Its the rape and
pillage of this once serene hobby of collecting retired computers and
bringing some life back into them for fun that I don't care for.

I never got into this for the money.

> FWIW, the charter of this list would not ban ebay (or any other classic
> computer) related issues, and any attempts to discourage that type of
> listing (including usenet postings) are off topic.

I'm off-topic! You're off-topic!! This whole mailing list is
off-topic!!! ;)

Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Always hasslin' the man.

                  Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
                   See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
                        [Last web site update: 02/15/99]