update on my netiquette goof

From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 2 00:02:07 1999

John Lawson wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Sellam Ismail wrote:

> > In the meantime, if he really wants to know everyone who you contacted,
> > just have Derek do a whois on ClassicCmp and send the list to him. It'll
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > be fun to see what he sends out to everyone. Ooh! Maybe he'll try to

Don't worry... giving a wierdo carte blanche is not on my agenda. :) I'm
not going to do anything remotely like that.

I should point out, however, that your e-mail address is probably publicly
available from the list server. Try sending a message to

        listproc_at_u.washington.edu

with any subject, and the command

        review classiccmp

at the beginning of the line in the body of the message.

I put in a tab because the stupid software LOOKS INSIDE list traffic for
commands (as some people here already know). They don't do anything except
cause a polite message to land in your mailbox, but it's still annoying.

I think there's an option to only make the subscriber list available to
other subscribers. I'll look into it right now.

> Harrumph! Snorzle rumple errfle mmrs zzmmm .......

Hey, how'd you find out about Mrs. Zzmmm? She was my secret computer
supplier! Now I'll have to find a new one.

-- Derek