update on my netiquette goof

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Tue Mar 2 08:10:17 1999

Upon the date 09:43 PM 3/1/99 -0800, John Lawson said something like:

>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Sellam Ismail wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Andrew Davie wrote:
>>

>> In the meantime, if he really wants to know everyone who you contacted,
>> just have Derek do a whois on ClassicCmp and send the list to him. It'll
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>> be fun to see what he sends out to everyone. Ooh! Maybe he'll try to
>
>/curmudgeon/
>
> No, no, no!!! Anything sent to this individual for whatever
>reason had bloody better well *not* include my e-mail address, nor
>should the aforementioned addy be sent >anywhere< without my (at least)
>being asked, thank you all very much indeed.
>
> Harrumph! Snorzle rumple errfle mmrs zzmmm .......
>
>/curmudgeon off/
>

> I want nothing to do with this, and besides I tried once some time
>ago to make a deal with this person, and it was not.... successful.

Absolutely! No address distribution to him. That character we're talking
about seems to have some sort of ego problem and appears to be so totally
greedy that the end result is that he actually presses our buttons which
end up bothering us. 'Control freak' also comes to mind from my own and
other's contacts reported here.

I contacted him 9 - 12 months ago (IIRC) asking prices on a couple of
things. Got back a terse answer with prices that were *way* out of line,
IMO. It was worded to the effect of "either pay my price or go away!" I
sensed right then he was a problem and vowed to myself never to contact him
again.

I still think his saying he's leaving the country is false just to make
folks think he'll make a fast deal to get rid of it. According to comments
on this list: he's been trying to leave the country after over one year?
No, he's likely just full of B. S. and out to make a buck and control the
process his way only.

Never, never give any of our email addresses or other info out without our
express permission. Especially to this guy. If he demanded Andrew to turn
over who he's passed the phone # to, then he does have a problem with
control of his world around him. He temporarily lost control by somebody
inadvertently giving out his # and is a bit vengeful toward the situation
and will attempt to regain it until he cools off.

That's the way I see it. Enough for now as this is getting more off topic.
We just know much better now to avoid his ng postings.

Regards, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association