VMS 5.4 mans? Was: Re: Fullerton CA GSA finds

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Fri Mar 5 12:06:48 1999

>Upon the date 12:04 AM 3/5/99 -0800, Mike Ford said something like:
>>I was roaming the local GSA surplus depot and have the following to report;
>>
>>Pallet lot of DEC manuals about 5 feet high, boxes and boxes of ringed
>>binders, and a bunch of paperbacks still in shrinkwrap. labeled $60
>
>Hi Mike, any chance you think that there's VMS 5.4 manuals in that pallet?

Do they come in big 3" binders and fill up boxes?

Keep in mind this pallet had maybe 25 boxes on it, but the ones I could
peek into I think had a light tan color to the binders. Some I could tell
were VAX, but 90% of the boxes I couldn't see into.

BTW they won't let someone dig through the pallet. Its wrapped with the
plastic sheeting and has to be sold as a single lot.