VMS 5.4 mans? Was: Re: Fullerton CA GSA finds

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Fri Mar 5 07:19:17 1999

Upon the date 12:04 AM 3/5/99 -0800, Mike Ford said something like:
>I was roaming the local GSA surplus depot and have the following to report;
>
>Pallet lot of DEC manuals about 5 feet high, boxes and boxes of ringed
>binders, and a bunch of paperbacks still in shrinkwrap. labeled $60

Hi Mike, any chance you think that there's VMS 5.4 manuals in that pallet?

I'm trying to fill-in several missing manuals from my 5.4 "Grey Wall" of
which I've advertised a WTB once or twice on ClassicCmp.

Any of the California DEC crew planning on checking this DGS sale out more?
 Hmmm, paperbacks . . . Handbooks?

>System Industries tape drive, like a VAX used in a 5 foot high 4 foot deep
>very nice cabinet. label $100
>
>Large box of tapes 600 to 6250 bpi, I didn't notice a price.
>
>Pallet of 11 items, including old printers, but also a Tandy 1000, and a
>commodore Amiga, and other stuff I didn't ID. label $250
>
>The routine discount from labeled price is 60 to 70% off, but they want to
>get rid of these items, so be creative.
>
>GSA surplus depot is listed in the phonebook and has a web page.
>http://www.pd.dgs.ca.gov/materials/surfull.htm

Unfortunately, this is a bit far away for me to go check myself :(

Thanks, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association