Interesting to note about Altairs...

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 12:57:13 1999

At 09:35 AM 3/8/99 -0800, Sellam Ismail wrote:
>How "rare" can something be when an instance of it goes up for auction
>every damn week!? Doug Yowza noted that there is one Altair or another on
>sale at ebay every day!

This is the point isn't it? Finding an Altair at a garage sale or swap
meeting in Bloomington Indiana would be like finding the Holy Grail in a
pawn shop, not friggin likely. But when you expand the garage sale to cover
the whole freakin planet the chances go up to about 1.0. Added to that is
that while only about 130 to 200M of us are actually online, given the
natural connectivity of the human race we probably have access to the
garages of more than 40% of the developed nations.

That sort of re-defines rare in a different way, and after the orgasmic
frenzy has passed of finding things that used to be incredibly hard to find
in your local neighborhood, expectations will get reset and the market will
rationalize and the so called "bottom" will drop out of Altair prices.

--Chuck