18 Classic Computers Delivered, a beaut day.

From: Philip.Belben_at_pgen.com <(Philip.Belben_at_pgen.com)>
Date: Fri Mar 12 07:11:50 1999

>> Eh? IBM Displaywriter was one of the first platforms to support CP/M86
>> (if not the first!)
>
> You must be thinking of something else. The IBM DisplayWriter was a
> dedicated word processor based on the 8085.

I don't think so. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Datamaster (AKA
System/23)? My Datamaster (I have the data processing version, not the word
processing version, alas) certainly has an 8085 at its heart, but my
Displaywriter equally certainly has an 8088. It was indeed designed as a
dedicated word processor, but since it loaded system software from disk, it
wasn't hard to set it to other tasks.

Philip.