Planning for an equipment move...

From: CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com <(CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com)>
Date: Sat Mar 13 10:03:53 1999

>Since I don't have a class two license, I can't get a truck with a
>lift gate,

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Several times I've rented a
lift-gate truck, usually from Budget, to move a machine. Now this
was always on the West Coast, and it's possible that on the other
coast that the laws are different, or that the truck companies
just don't want to risk renting to folks who probably don't know
how to run a lift. You might also try some of the non-UHaul-non-Budget-
non-Ryder companies in your neighborhood (the kind that rent tractors
and bulldozers) and see if they'll rent you a liftgate.

> so I was planning on unloaded all the boxes from the racks
>(CPU, disks, anything else) and placing them on shipping pads, the
>disks with foam pads underneath. I was planning on tipping the racks
>over onto dollies to be wheeled up the ramp into the truck where they
>would travel on their sides, on mats.

Sounds like a fine plan. Note that many medium-sized station wagons
will hold a single H960, too. Get yourself nice dollies with pneumatic
wheels if at all possible.

--
 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa_at_trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/