Hazeltine?

From: Richard A. Cini, Jr. <rcini_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sun Mar 14 13:25:11 1999

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 06:35:55 -0500, Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>
wrote:

>>The manual for the 1420 has a date of July 1979 on it. The ID tag on the
>>terminal indicates that it was manufactured in Greenlawn NY.

    This building is about a 20 minute drive from my house. It's on Pulaski
Road in Greenlawn. The sign outside now says "GEC/Marconi/Hazeltine" and is
locally acknowledged as a Superfund site (although I never checked if it
made the CERCLA list or not). Place has been there forever and is a pretty
unassuming 2-story Government-style office building, but with no fences or
razor wire. Looking in, it appears that the interior consists of a cube-farm
on the lower floor and some offices on the upper floor. I don't know if
there is manufacturing in the rear or not, although it appears overall to be
a large building.

[ Rich Cini/WUGNET
[ ClubWin!/CW7
[ MCP Windows 95/Windows Networking