[OT] NT, software reliability, and the lack thereof.

From: Huw Davies <H.Davies_at_latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Mon Mar 15 21:48:59 1999

At 19:28 15/03/99 -0800, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

>Is there anyone more deserving of the title "designer of VMS"?

There were a number of people inside Digital who had the designation "VMS
architect" or some such. In the early days I think there were three or
four, one of whom was Dick Hustvedt who I had the pleasure of meeting in
1983 in New Zealand. Later, there were larger numbers of "architects" such
as Keith Walls who was the Backup architect for a while (Keith and I go
back a long way).

You can find out who the real architects/coders for VMS are/were by looking
into the source code (take the scheduler for example, the core of which
hasn't changed since VMS v0.xx...)

 Huw Davies | e-mail: Huw.Davies_at_latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550 Fax: +61 3 9479
1999
 La Trobe University | "If God had wanted soccer played in the
 Melbourne Australia 3083 | air, the sky would be painted green"