GIVEAWAY: Vax 8650|DECcie nostalgia digression..

From: Jim Strickland <jim_at_calico.litterbox.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 21:37:54 1999

> Key comments cluster... some of the notable clusters in DEC fame was the
> VIDEO cluster and the Royalt (all six chars max) (REX, pauper, pawn)
> and of course Millrat(millrat, millstn, millrot) and the DEC-10 cluster
> MARKET (this was a FTP site too).
>
> Allison

Gee. Most interesting clusternode name I was responsible for was BOXER.
After the horse in Animal Farm. This machine was the batch job and printer
node, and they objected when I called it SLAVE. First VMS box I ever named
wound up with two names - Monalisa was its TCP name, and ABYSS was its decnet
name because of the 6 character limit in decnet. You get one guess each as to
what books I was reading and what movies I was watching at the time. :)

For reference, when I get it going, my 3100's name will be Tabby. As in
tabby.litterbox.com. It's sort of a running joke that all my servers have
cat names. :)
--
Jim Strickland
jim_at_DIESPAMMERSCUMcalico.litterbox.com