OT: Re: UNIX/Linux info?

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 19:36:45 1999

>I don't understand.
>Why aren't you using a consumer operating system... like Windows 98?
>
>It's a joke, son, a joke :-)

Joe,
I've seen the light. I'm now running Win95 and WinNT 4.0 Server (Yes,
legal copies, I bought them in a fit of madness about a year ago when I
wanted to learn some about them) on my PII/333. However, since I don't
want my system to crash I'm running them under Linux. I had Linux, Win95,
and WinNT Server all running at the same time on the same system last
night!

It's so cool I've been playing with it since Monday and haven't had any
time to work on configuring my VMS Cluster. Of course 95% of the time has
been spent cursing Windows!

BTW, how's everything up there in Redmond going with the port of MS Office
to Linux that supposedly isn't happening?

                        Zane

Sorry all, couldn't resist, and it is really cool running Linux/Win95/WinNT
at the same time on the same machine. For more info see,
http://www.vmware.com I need to test a couple more things, but I think I'll
be buying a copy, despite the price tag.
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |