Museums

From: Ward D. Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Wed Mar 24 21:44:36 1999

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Geoff Roberts wrote:

> From: Mike <dogas_at_leading.net>

> >I would also imagine the museum brick and morter will have to be
> >electronically shielded to allow things like trs-80 mod 1s to operate in a
> >commercial zone.
>
> You're kidding, right? I can't believe even US silly rules are that silly.

The interference regulations apply to residential installations. There
is no restriction in commercial installations unless the broadcast
power gets way up there. (The FCC stepped in because of complaints
from the close neighbors of folks running TRS-80 Model Ones (or Apple IIs
or Commodore Pets or S-100 boxen) on the other side of an unshielded wall
from a television with rabbit ear antenna in apartment buildings).
--
Ward Griffiths
"the timid die just like the daring; and if you don't take the plunge then