Z-80 M1?

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 15:31:29 1999

"Hans Franke" <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de> wrote:
> > I have never really understood the purpose of the M1 pin or cycle. Can
> > anyone in simple terms explain it's purpose?
>
> M1 serves various purpose on the Z80 Bus:

Hi
 On one system I worked on, it had an input board that didn't
have M1 decoded properly. It was a real funny problem,
It would trash the interrupt vector when executing different
address locations, when the interrupt hit. Adding debug
code would move the problem around. It took 2 weeks to
track this one down.
Dwight