Boy maimed by VAX? That's nothing! :)

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 19:41:17 1999

>That's nothing. Me and a buddy broke all 10 of his toes with a PDP-11/44.
>Was remarkably easy (and entertaining!) too. 44 is in a dual cab, weighs

This is why you should wear steel toed boots when moving equipment like
this. Also as I learned while unloading the TU-81+ that I got for my
PDP-11/44 from my pickup when I got it, you should also wear gloves. I did
a good job of trying to remove my knuckles when the one side panel came
off. It took a long painfull time for that to heal, but not as long as
your friends toes must have taken (ouch!).

I tend to keep a pair of steel toed boots, and a good pair of leather
gloves in my pickup now. It's my intention to add a couple 2x4's and a
piece of sheet metal also. Hint, getting a TU-81+ stuck in the crack of an
elevator (why did my storage units have to be on the top floor) is not fun,
especially with knuckles that are bleeding like crazy.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |