Santee swap serendipity

From: <(>
Date: Sat Apr 1 22:26:46 2000

Tony Duell wrote:

> The ZX81 uses a 3.5mm jack socket (what you call a 'phone socket' across
> the Pond) for the power input. The tip is +ve and the sleeve is -ve.

Actually, in the States a "phone plug" or "phone jack" is 1/4" -- the kind
used in ancient telephone switchboards, hence the name. To make it more
interesting we also have "phono" (aka RCA) jacks and plugs, used for
connecting phonographs and their amplifiers. Do these connectors have
different names on your side?

Received on Sat Apr 01 2000 - 22:26:46 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:32:39 BST