languages

From: Gary Hildebrand <ghldbrd_at_ccp.com>
Date: Thu Mar 9 03:10:42 2000

Interesting dialog on languages . . . .

I myself have barely mastered English, american style. Somewhere along the
way I took three years of French in High School, the result being that my
English grades shot through the roof. Seems learning a foreign language
helps one master English grammar. Maybe the problem is that one can't
speak correct English in the first place.

As for the Morse code, I've talked to many people who's answer was "I don't
think I can learn the code." It isn't a matter of skill -- five year old
kids have learned Morse code. I call it a case of 'wanna'. If you wanna
you can learn anything. But since the FCC deregulated the Amateur licencing
structure, getting 5 wpm is fairly easy, if you wanna.

Gary Hildebrand WA7KKP