languages

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 8 23:01:49 2000

English is my second language, though I've been using it as my primary
language since I was 6. Because I learned it as my second language, I've
developed into one who's somewhat stilted in his usage of the language, and
also one who's very much aware of the application of grammar, syntax, and
orthography. I am, therefore, thoroughly convinced that American English,
if it follows the current trend, will degenerate into a sequence of
monosyllabic grunts and whines by the time another couple or three
generations have passed. Just look at the more recent additions to the
Webster International Lexicon of the English language: words like "duuhh"

Dick