PDP-11 Emulator Question

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 15:08:19 2000

>OK... here's the scoop... my local CC is backordered over a dozen units. I
>put down a $20 deposit on one and it is supposed to arrive in two weeks. The
>way the billing works is you pay $99 + tax for the unit and as soon as you
>connect it to a phone line and give it the go-ahead, the unit connects with
>the central office somewhere and you enter in credit card info and pick yout
>billing plan. If you never connect it to a phone line with the default QNX
>software, you never have to worry about signing up.
>
>I expect this policy to change when they see hundreds if not thousands of
>units sold with no service started on them. Until then, I've (almost) got
>mine. Now all I need is a DE-620.
>
>-ethan

I just got done running to CC myself, they had 8 units backordered. I put
down the $20 deposit on one, however, the sales people wouldn't even hazard
a guess as to when they'll be getting them. Oh, and mine will be exactly
$99, no sales tax in Oregon :^)

Now the question is, does anyone know how to wipe QNX off of them, and put
what you want on them? I've no idea what a SanDisk is. I'm assuming it's
something that's got to be done with a Windows PC. I basically just want
DOS, a PDP-11 emulator and an RL02 image with RT-11 on it. However, I'm
wondering if there is a way to also use it as a Serial terminal. If so I'd
have to squeeze TELIX on there as well. Do USB drivers for DOS exist?

Actually in the long run I'm probably best off putting a HD in it so I can
have several emulator images on the thing for different OS's.

                                Zane

| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |