Why etc.

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 15:56:37 2000

ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell) wrote:

> I certainly don't want people being put off from becoming computer
> collectors because they're worried you have to be able to read a
> schematic in 5 seconds flat, and then write an OS before breakfast :-)
>
> -tony

Yes, all agreed. It is just that most put the concept of
doing things like writing a disassembler or even a simple
OS for some old machine is out of the question and for the
elite, only.
 After you do your first one, you realize that it isn't
as much as people like Bill Gate would like you to believe.
You attack it a piece at a time. Fiddle with some part
and then another. Eventually you have the entire thing
done. This is usually faster than you thought. Remember,
you are not being forced to do it for a job, it is
just for the satisfaction.
 There are lots of examples to look at. Steal a piece
here or an idea there. It will all make sense eventually.
Take Care
Dwight