HP 2000 TSB question

From: Eric Smith <eric_at_brouhaha.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 16:26:30 2000

"Jay West" <west_at_tseinc.com> wrote:
> These two systems ran HP2000 Access TSB, and had 32K each. My question is
> (before I spend time hunting down replacement boards) does anyone know what
> the memory requirements for the main and IOP cpu's in 2000Access is? If I
> can get by with less than 32K in each cpu I can forgo getting replacement
> boards for the time being and perhaps run with 24/16.

Based on study of the source code, I'm fairly sure that 2000 C' requires 32K
for each procesor; on the IOP it's mostly used for buffering. It's hard to
believe that 2000Access would need less.

With source, it should be possible to generate IOP code that supports fewer
ports and needs less memory. Without source, forget it.