HP 3000/37

From: Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 00:06:34 2000

Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>

> So if you really want a printer, you might want to think about a
> serial printer plugged into one of the ATP ports. I used to run a
> 2563A that way in the mid-1980s; 9600 bps did OK at keeping up with
> a 300 LPM printer that was used to print COBOL listings.

I hooked up a serial thinkjet to one of the ports but didn't get the
configuration just right. Originally, I tried to configure the serial port
as an "LP" device but, the system balked. It said that I couldn't mix device
types on the same ATP controller. In other words: If I have a TERM attached,
I couldn't have a LP attached at the same time.

So, I set up the printer up as a terminal (don't recall type and sub-type)
and it sorta worked. I think some of the control sequences are not quite
right. I'll have to tinker with it until I get the right combo. Is it
possible to set it up this way and still have the print jobs spooled?