Research Machines Link 480Z

From: Paul Williams <flo_at_rdel.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 16 09:23:45 2000

I've just obtained an RML 480Z. This machine was commonly in use in
schools in the UK during the 80s, as an alternative to BBCs or Spectrums
under a government initiative to keep our computer industry alive.

Unfortunately, there are no cables or documentation with it. It has a
large array of DIN sockets at the back for cassette, two monitor
connections, and two serial ports. Does anyone have the pinouts for
these sockets?

I'll email Research Machines as well to see if I can obtain any
documentation, but the only reference to 480Z on their web site is on
the Y2K page, where it says that they don't have a real-time clock.