Aaaaahhhh... 'Tis Good to be Back!!!

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_30below.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 19:40:47 2000

Howdy All!!!

The list disappeared on me on 15 Jan 00, so I had no idea when the list
switched over (according to the archives, on 27 Jan 00) and since I've been
busier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest, I've not had a
chance to research how to get back on the list until now...

Anywho, I had mentioned that I might be getting a VAX... Well, I didn't get
1, or even 2, but 5! That's right, 5! Got 'em just a few days ago, but
haven't had much of a chance to check 'em out... but I do have 2
VAXSstation 3100 M38's... or... at least enough to make 1 working one out
of 'em. There was also a VAXServer (either 3100 or 4000 - at work right
now) and 3 -- get this 3 - of the 8-plane grafix boards & enough memory
boards to give one machine a full 32Meg!

And... I just happen to have a multisync "sync-on-green" Mac-ish monitor
that my pal says should work - and he gave me a cable for them, too!

I just have to hack in a CDRrom and I'll be able to install VMS, because he
gave me all of the media for VMS *and* Ultrix, because the DECServer 5000
(I think... again, I'm at work) is a MIPS box and won't run VMS.... :-) :-)

Lotsa Toyz to have fun with... :-) :-)
Take care and Glad to see y'all again,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.