PDP-11/23 deskside machine

From: Technoid_at_cheta.net <(Technoid_at_cheta.net)>
Date: Thu Mar 23 20:51:47 2000

I guess I must have just gotten lucky to get it to boot those two times.
This is what the machine does <most> of the time.

KDF11B-BE ROM V0.9

  512KB MEMORY
9 STEP MEMORY TEST
  STEP 1 2ERR RAP
173714
_at_

Does this mean that the ram card is bad at a given location? If so, there
is no reason I can't replace the ram on the card with a desoldering iron.
I would like to socketize the ram but I don't think there is enough room
between cards to make that happen so I'll have to solder them directly to
the board and pray I have no more failures.

Is the above 6digit number the location of the failed bit/byte of memory?
Jeffrey S. Worley
Technical Services
Bits & Bytes Computer Services Inc.
1979B Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803
828-684-8953 - voice 0900-1700 five days
828-687-9284 - 24hr fax
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Technoid_at_Cheta.net