teletype wanted.....

From: W.B. <hofmanwb_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Fri Mar 24 15:31:11 2000

I tried to translate the dutch
I wish you luck
Wim Hofman

----------
> From: Cameron Kaiser <ckaiser_at_oa.ptloma.edu>
> To: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org
> Subject: Re: teletype wanted.....
> Date: Thursday, March 23, 2000 6:31 PM
>

> No, it definitely doesn't hook up a TV. On the bottom is an acoustic
coupler
> that acts as both microphone and speaker. The keys say things like
SEARCH,
> INSERT, RCVE, LIST/PRINT, ON/STOP and LOAD/DUMP. There is a 1/8" stereo
> jack on one side which the manual mentions might be connected to an RS232
> port (hope someone can translate this! -- it's Dutch and my schoolboy
German
> can't figure out enough words):
>
> ** import text **

To connect another printer than the PXP40 you can use the enclosed cable
(see figure 4). The 3 pole round plug fits in the connection at the left
hand side of the PX1000. The three loose wires at the other end of the
cable should be connected to the printer according to the manual of it. The
three wires have the following function:
White (A) output to printer
Red (B) input for PX1000 and power
Screen (C) mass
The buttons LIST/PRINT, ON/STOP and the linebutton have the same function
as with the PXP40 when you use another printer.

> 10.4 Andere printers
> Voor het aansluiten van een andere printer dan de PXP 40 kunt u gebruik
maken
> van de meegeleverde kabel (zie afb. 4). De driepolige ronde steker past
in de
> aansluiting aan de linkerkant van de PX 1000. De drie losse draden aan de
> andere kant van de kabel moeten worden verbonden met de printer,
overeenkomstig
> de handleiding daarvan. De drie draden hebben de volgende functie:
>
> wit (A) uitgang naar printer
> rood (B) ingang voor PX 1000 en voeding
> afscherming (C) massa
>
> De toesten LIST/PRINT, ON/STOP en de regeltoets hebben bij gebruik van
een
> andere printer dezelfde functies als bij de PXP 40.

Most printers with an RS232 or V24 are equipped with the here shown 25-pole
connector. Not all pins are connected. Most printers will work when you
connect them in the here shown manner.
White (A) pin 3
Red (B) pin 20
Screen (C) pin 7
Connect pins 4,5,6 and 8 of the 25 pole connector with a wire.