TU58 Peripheral Emulation

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri Mar 24 21:10:21 2000

<I've already asked John Wilson this, but has anyone compiled the one
<available on dBit's ftp site for Linux? Or know of another one for
<Linux/Windows that's available online? I'd like to try it out...

I've looked at it and it's a bit old but should work. All a tu58 is
if you ignor the tape drive itself is a 256k block addressable memeory at
the end of a serial line talking a packet protocal. It only took 2048
bytes (with selftest and autoboot) of 8085 code to do it so it's not
rocket science.

Now to do that on a PC or whatever running most any OS is to beable to
create a datafile of 256k and address any 512bytes block within it. So if
you look at that code most of the work is working aound the OS!

Allison