Parallel port hard drives?

From: Aaron Christopher Finney <af-list_at_wfi-inc.com>
Date: Sat Mar 25 21:14:22 2000

I use the 358 with an EPP parallel port and get over 500KB/s with an old
quantum 160meg drive. I tried one of the Belkins and finally returned it
since it had problems with most of my scsi devices. After spending hours
on tech support over a couple of weeks and even buying a separate ps to
provide termination power (their recommendation), I swapped it out with a
new one. Same problems...they couldn't figure out the problem and finally
RMA'd it. The Adaptec, while my least favorite scsi solution, at least
worked with my old HP Scanjet IIP...