Parallel port hard drives?

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sat Mar 25 19:57:05 2000

It may be quite implementation sensitive, but I've got an older APA348 (the
latest is the '358) and a Belkin adapter, (they only make one) and the
BELKIN outperforms the ADAPTEC by quite a bit. I get about 960 KB/sec on a
drive that does about that well on an ADAPTEC AHA1460 PC-Card adapter on
this notebook. The Adaptec 348, by comparison, yields a max of about
220KB/sec, and the '358 seems to max out at about 160. This is on a cheapo
WINBOOK XL with 32MB ram and the small (2GB) HDD. I have to believe they'd
do better elsewhere, though I've not tested it. I've tried the '348 and
found it capable of about 200 nearly anywhere so long as the attached device
is that fast.

Dick