New here :-)

From: Chad Fernandez <fernande_at_internet1.net>
Date: Fri Mar 2 14:59:31 2001

Hello Edwin!

"Edwin P. Groot" wrote:

> Welcome!
> Well Chad, it varies a lot who has what in their collection.
> Personally, I have micro collection like you do. There's not that much
> space in my 1 br apartment, and micros are what I grew up with. To me, 80's
> micros are /real/ computers.

I have a 2 bedroom apt, that is way too full with computer "junk". That
is one of the reasons I want to..... what's a good word, maybe refine?,
my collocation.

> I think your Model 80 is cool because this micro built like a tank and
> weighs a ton reminds me of what the IBM corporation is like. The way the
> insides are arranged is really Gothic.

This has always been a mystery to me, since I bought mine. Everyone
always talks about how heavy, and "built like a tank" these computers
are. I don't think mine is that heavy, maybe because I don't have dual
full height drives? I was expecting the case to be made from think
steel, but mine is some sort of plastic (composite?). That said, it is
currently one of my favorite computers :-)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA