New here :-)

From: Lawrence Walker <lgwalker_at_look.ca>
Date: Sat Mar 3 12:34:11 2001

> It was thus said that the Great gwynp_at_artware.qc.ca once stated:
> >

> > On 03-Mar-2001 Lawrence Walker wrote:
> > > Even the PCjr, PS/1s and Ambra's were metal cased.
> >
> > PCjr had a metal case? Why do I remember them being plastic w/
> > spray-on metal shield? I took ours apart very often, for kicks.
> > But then, that was 15 years ago. Memory. going.
>
> The PCjr has a plastic case. I still have one. In fact, in order
> to put
> the monitor on top, I had to tape aluminum foil on the inside top
> cover to shield it (at least, that's what I was told to do by my
> friend's father who worked at IBM).
>
> -spc (It still works. And it still has the aluminum foil I taped
> there in
> 1987 ... )

 OOPS !! My mistake. I checked again, this time removing the top
of the pile. That's what I had originally thought since it was a lo-
cost box(for IBM) so I thunked it again to make sure, but it had a
decidedly metallic "Clack" as I went about a late-nite thunking of
the various IBMs. Maybe it was just determined not to give a non-
IBM plastic"click" and embarass it's other IBM brothers.

 BTW. Does anyone have an extra power supply for jr. Will pay or
trade. I've never powered it up and it still had the inserts in the disk
drives.

ciao larry