New here :-)

From: Edwin P. Groot <epgroot_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 4 21:27:25 2001

     OK, well I'm a displaced Canadian and I automatically assume weights
to be in Kilo. So 40 LIBS it is.
     Things in the US are just too democratic and the government can't
ignore the public's complaints about converting to metric. People in
Canada complained about converting to the metric system, but it went
through anyway. My opinion is that many people from the US are paranoid of
things from the outside (like the metric system), as if it is some
Communistic plot.

     Edwin