New here :-)

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Mon Mar 5 10:08:55 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Geoff Roberts wrote:

> Well, paranoid is a bit strong, however they do seem to show a tendency
> to regard anything that has
> A) Originated elsewhere
> or
> B) Not been in use in the US for 100 years or more
> As "unAmerican".
> Apart from it's local 'mods', like the US mile, US ton, US gallon - we
> used the slightly larger, Genuine, Unadulterated Imperial measures,
> 5,280 ft or 1,760 yards to the mile, and 2,240 pounds to the ton - the
> US system is what the British left them in the first place.

If you think all that's bad, I still haven't figured out the measurements
for cooking...like how many tablespoons in a cup, and how many cups in a
quart and all that nonsense. Who came up with this crap anyway?

If I had my druthers, I'd gladly switch to metric for everything.
American units are stupid, archaic and illogical.

Call me a Communist.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival