New here :-)

From: Tony Eros <tony.eros_at_machm.org>
Date: Mon Mar 5 12:11:41 2001

At 08:08 AM 3/5/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Geoff Roberts wrote:
>
> > Well, paranoid is a bit strong, however they do seem to show a tendency
> > to regard anything that has
> > A) Originated elsewhere
> > or
> > B) Not been in use in the US for 100 years or more
> > As "unAmerican".
> > Apart from it's local 'mods', like the US mile, US ton, US gallon - we
> > used the slightly larger, Genuine, Unadulterated Imperial measures,
> > 5,280 ft or 1,760 yards to the mile, and 2,240 pounds to the ton - the
> > US system is what the British left them in the first place.
>
>If you think all that's bad, I still haven't figured out the measurements
>for cooking...like how many tablespoons in a cup, and how many cups in a
>quart and all that nonsense. Who came up with this crap anyway?
>
>If I had my druthers, I'd gladly switch to metric for everything.
>American units are stupid, archaic and illogical.
>
>Call me a Communist.
>
>Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
>International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org

Yeah, let's get rid of all those stupid non-metric
measurements. Especially those pesky units of time. I mean, what idiot
came up with "seconds", "minutes" and "hours", anyway? The "hours" even
repeat twice every "day" -- how stupid is that!

We need a nice metric time measurement to help us get out of our silly
American technological rut and encourage more Continental innovations like
EuroDisney... :-)

Then again, maybe DEC had it right all along -- KiloCoreTicks forever!

-- Tony