New here :-)

From: Stan Barr <stanb_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon Mar 5 04:24:56 2001

> OK, well I'm a displaced Canadian and I automatically assume weights
> to be in Kilo. So 40 LIBS it is.
> Things in the US are just too democratic and the government can't
> ignore the public's complaints about converting to metric. People in
> Canada complained about converting to the metric system, but it went
> through anyway. My opinion is that many people from the US are paranoid of
> things from the outside (like the metric system), as if it is some
> Communistic plot.

Here in Britain it's regarded as an EU plot ;-)

The howls of protest when anything new is metricated can probably be heard
clear across the pond! Mind you, prosecuting a greengrocer for displaying
his weights in pounds (as happend recently) was a bit over the top....

I've been metric since I was at school (late 50's - early '60s) so I can
cope with either. My old 386 tower weighs about 1 1/2 stone....
--
Cheers,
Stan Barr  stanb_at_dial.pipex.com