New here :-)

From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 5 14:56:44 2001

--- Tony Eros <tony.eros_at_machm.org> wrote:
> Yeah, let's get rid of all those stupid non-metric
> measurements. Especially those pesky units of time. I mean, what idiot
> came up with "seconds", "minutes" and "hours", anyway? The "hours" even
> repeat twice every "day" -- how stupid is that!

Hopefully this is meant humorously. The second _is_ a metric unit
of time, even though minutes/hours/etc are not reckoned in decimal
intervals.

> Then again, maybe DEC had it right all along -- KiloCoreTicks forever!

I figured you'd be a fan of "micro fortnights" (1.6 sec, the rate at
which VMS asks you to enter a date and time at startup time if none
can be divined from the hardware)

-ethan

=====
Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
vanish, please note my new public address: erd_at_iname.com

The original webpage address is still going away. The
permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/

See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.