New here :-) (increasingly OT)

From: Tony Eros <tony.eros_at_machm.org>
Date: Mon Mar 5 15:48:42 2001

>Hopefully this is meant humorously. The second _is_ a metric unit
>of time, even though minutes/hours/etc are not reckoned in decimal
>intervals.

Yep, I was kidding (though I am a fan of traditional American weights and
measures.) Quick question -- when you say that the second is a metric unit
of time, doesn't that just mean some metric governing body has adopted it
as an official unit of time, even though it's non-conforming?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there ever was an attempt to
apply the metric system to time?

-- Tony