New here :-) (Getting slightly back OnT)

From: Clint Wolff <vaxman_at_qwest.net>
Date: Mon Mar 5 17:41:49 2001

PicoSecond, NanoSecond, MicroSecond (On Topic! Go VAX!), etc...

The basic problem is the earth doesn't rotate in 100,000 Seconds/
(time from sunup to sunup)... It's more like 84000 +/- a fudge
factor that gets applied every four years...

Besides, you are confusing metric with powers of ten... All the
metric system did was create new measures for the same things and
try to force everyone to use it... Commie B*****ds... :) :) :) :)

clint

PS the :) :) :) :) means I'm joking...