New 'puter joins the collection

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 8 17:10:37 2001

>What I remember that stood out with this machine was the reprogrammable
>font characters at a time when most of them were fixed. Had a really fun
>version of 'Space Invaders' too.....

        That was one of the things I found interesting about the
TRS-80 Model 2000. It's character set for the display was totally
RAM based and there used to be a shareware program that allowed you
to modify and redefine it, loading your font at boot. It made for
some interesting effects.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File