Old complete terminal in a keyboard found...Synertek System Corp KTM-3..odd?

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Fri Mar 9 19:41:39 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Claude wrote:

> I found an older terminal in a keyboard from a company called:
>
> KTM-3/80 from Synertek Systems Corporation
>
> Production date : 3/24/81
>
> Looks like a self-contained terminal in a keyboard with a composite
> video out (or rf?). Very odd looking for me and I dont recall seeing a
> lot of these things way back. I have not tested it yet but if anybody is
> interested, Ill take a picture and post the link here.
>
> The thing has a flat cable with a db25 sticking out from it. Its just
> slightly thicker than an "ordinary" keyboard...

It's basically the keyboard and logic for a CRT terminal. You just hook
it up to a TV or a compatible video display and you've got yourself a
terminal. The DB25 of course goes off to whatever machine you are
connecting to.

I've got one of these in the box. You could buy it assembled or as a kit.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival