SCSI connectivity

From: jpero_at_sympatico.ca <(jpero_at_sympatico.ca)>
Date: Sat Mar 10 12:36:06 2001

> Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 17:27:34 -0500
> To: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org
> From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: SCSI connectivity

> >Microchannel isn't hard to find, as they are on Ebay all the time. In
> >fact I just gave one away, because noone bid on it :-(
>
> I've got one of the Future Domain MCS-700 MCA boards OEM'd
> for IBM. The only thing I dislike about it is that it doesn't have
> the power connector of the non-OEM version. That sure would come in
> handy for replacing the oddball IBM hard disk in the P70.

Jeff,

Bit faster than the stock ibm scsi controller only minus thing is no
bus mastering. Still perfect for slower machines. I happen to have
MCS-700 too and it was OEM version for IBM like yours also. What I
did was take this connector from old dead HD that uses snap in with
connector pins that goes through plate through holes. Like on any
Tandon and early WD stepper type. Exact same connector. Make a F-F
power cable on 1 pin to 1 pin. Add caps to the missing spaces
besides the power connector. Done.

Right now that card is in model 70-Axx w/ 540MB scsi.

Not only on ebay...
That MCS-700 was found at R.C. used computer/ parts resellers, chain
store all over the USA. Cost me 10 USA. OT: Even I found a
Iomega's BUZ card intact but no i/o pod and no s/w, so I bought it as
well. :-)

Cheers,

Wizard