Plus HardCard II

From: r. 'bear' stricklin <red_at_bears.org>
Date: Sun Mar 11 14:12:07 2001

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Sipke de Wal wrote:

> Is this a HardCard usable for PC-XT type systems?

I'm not sure. It's a later model than the first hardcard, and plugs into a
16-bit ISA slot.

> If so you can lowlevel reformat the HD with a Debug command
>
> Debug <enter>
> -gC800:5

I've been there. Here's what happens.

I can look at that area of memory and find the Plus BIOS copyright
information and what I expect to see. If I

-gC800:0005

It hangs the machine.

Single stepping shows instructions starting at C800:0005 are being
executed, until it gets to a 'JMP 189' or something similar to that (the
number might be wrong). Then it hangs there.

Dunno. Neither of my HCIIs are known operational, but they both fail in
this same way. DOS can read the disks, onec the machine is booted from a
floppy, but FDISK fails, format fails, writing appears to work but nothing
is ever written.

Quantum say I need this atdoshc2.sys to use the Hard Card, so I'm willing
to believe that nothing will work properly until I find that.

ok
r.