And someone has one... Re: Virus Alert !!!

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_smart.net>
Date: Thu Mar 15 00:49:05 2001

On 8 Mar 2001, Iggy Drougge wrote:
> R. D. Davis skrev:
> I use *NIX and I hate it. I find this whole Linux on a desktop business

Alas, you need help. Not to worry; start up Emacs and type:

     M-x doctor
   (ESC-x doctor)

;-) :-) :-)

> laughable. Why would one want a UNIX system anywhere but locked up in a
> cupboard or on a researcher's workstation?

So that one can have a useful computer system.

> I'd never drive a lorry to work, nor do I like the M$ Volvo. The
> Vespa is much nicer for a single person.

Why not drive a lorry to work? Wouldn't you like to drive a big,
shiny, new Ford F550 pickup truck to work? I recon that you're afraid
that your cow-orkers would turn green with envy... let 'em. :-)

What's a Vespa? I've never heard of one, but I wouldn't want to drive
something with a name like that.

> >Blame the U.S. government for fuel economy regulations that killed off
> >nice cars, not the U.S. auto manufacturers.
>
> Why is that? Isn't petrol cheap enough in the states?

Cheap? Over US$1.50 a gallon is not cheap; it was over US$1.70
several months ago... it would be reasonably priced, however, if our
dear lame-brained, tax-hungry, common-sense-deprived, politicians
weren't taxing it so heavily. At 12 to 13 miles per gallon on the
highway, such prices have a way of adding up. Perhaps we should just
find a way to bottle the hot-air from politicians' mouths and then
find a way to use it to propel vehicles; then, there would be no real,
or perceived, energy shortage.

--
Copyright (C) 2001 R. D. Davis    Ancient guru who see future once say:
All Rights Reserved               "wise man who meditate upon immortal wisdom