What do you people use for tape cleaning ?

From: THETechnoid_at_home.com <(THETechnoid_at_home.com)>
Date: Fri Mar 16 08:04:03 2001

There was mention in the previous message of a rotting feed roller. If
you have a rotten one, I doubt sandpaper is going to help in the long-run.
You will need to replace it.

I had a bad drive roller in my Data General cartridge tape drive a couple
of years ago. The drive worked a couple of times, then the roller
disintigrated and ate a couple of tapes before I realized. I found a
replacement roller in one of the output rollers from my Epson Action
Printer 3250. I removed this roller from the action printer, streached it
over the body of a ballpoint pen, then removed the nose from the pen.
After cutting off the gooey old drive roller and cleaning the stem with
iso alcohol and fingernail polish remover, I placed the flat nose of the
pen body against the shaft and slid my replacement roller on. Works like
a charm.

Regards,,

Jeff
Jeffrey S. Worley