Mac SE30

From: John Rollins <kd7bcy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sat Mar 17 20:15:41 2001

>The problem is that none of those available and more advanced versions
>will run on 7.0.1 which is on the SE30. I harbor a hazy recollection
>that there are practical limitations on how 'new' a system one can run
>on that machine. Am I close?
An SE30? Those are nice machines. IIRC, you should be able to run up
to 7.5.5 on them, and most other older machines. How much RAM do you
have? That's the major factor here. If you have enough RAM and hard
disk space, you can run 7.5. Just a little on the slow side :-) But
you should at least go for 7.1. That's the minimum I would run on
anything unless it needs 6.x or something else for some reason. Save
7.5.5 for faster 030's and 040's and old PPC's. I'm spoiled, I'm
running a 600MHz iMac with MacOS 9.1... Of course now I have to buy
USB adaptors for all my old serial port stuff...
OK, upgrade to 7.1 or 7.5 and get a newer version of Stuffit Expander!
--
|  http://jrollins.tripod.com/                   |