pdp 11s to be auctioned at Goddard

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_smart.net>
Date: Wed Mar 21 23:40:57 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:
> I'm pretty much full here too...but there are some surplus
> facilities nearby that aren't really open to the public, but that I
> have access to. Lots of larger DEC stuff (a lot of VAX6000s) shows up
> there.

Do 11/730s ever show up? Are PDP-11/44s frequent finds? I need to
locate a CPU board set and a backplane extension for mine. Speaking
of backplanes. I recall reading that wire-wrapping forms a very tight
bond, but I'm wondering: how reliable can one expect a wire-wrapped
backplane to be that's been sitting outdoors, exposed, for several
years? Also, has anyone had a go at having rusty computer chasis
parts "hot dipped" like they do engine blocks sent to a machine shop?

> Maybe we should set up such a thing. There would be a number of
> things to arrange to keep things running smoothly, but I think it
> could be done.

Excellent idea! What can I do to help?

This reminds me; I should get back to taking drives around industrial
and office parks on weekends. Has anyone had much luck at this?

--
Copyright (C) 2001 R. D. Davis    Ancient guru who see future once say:
All Rights Reserved               "wise man who meditate upon immortal wisdom