10Base5/Thicknet (was Re: SUN networking problems)

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 00:31:35 2001

>Is there currently a source for the tap part for the older, boxy transceivers
>that have removable media bits? I remember reading in the O'Reilly Ethernet
>book that it was common to remove the transceiver from the tap and leave the

Most likely I have it, no matter what that "it" is regarding older network
stuff. Email me directly with, hopefully, an idea of what exactly you need
and I will look in my boxes.

What I think they are talking about with the tap etc. is that you have the
thick coax, then you have a thing that taps into the coax, and that "thing"
typically has a AUI 15 pin connection with a cable to the AUI on your
computer. Disconnecting the cable is what I think they mean.